10.31.2007

at the laundromat today: adventures in clean clothes, OR...the vagina prophecies

I start putting my clothes into the front loaders and a man puts a neatly folded shirt and pants on top of the washer and says
(with an African accent--unknown country of origin)

"Can you sew these for me?" he smiles and walks away.

I just start laughing and say, "Oh, I cant sew, sorry."
Him: "You mean you just havent learned to sew yet."
Me: "Yes, I guess I stand corrected."
Him: "You know, sewing is going to be very important in the future."
Me: "Well, possibly, especially if there is a technological apocalypse, but I'm hoping there are more important things than sewing in my future."
Him: "You reap what you sew''
Me: "Yeah, when you put it that way sewing does seem very important."
Him: "Not as important as sewing the seeds of God."
Me: "?"
Him: "In the future, nothing will be as important as your vagina. Are you a virgin?"

and scene.