11.22.2007

Here comes a sea, followed by an ocean...

Earlier this week I took a walk down to the pier. The late afternoon autumn sun was coming in at that magical angle, and it inspired an alternate and longer route.

That timed my arrival just before sunset and the sky looked like layers of sherbet. The light went from gold to pink and dusted everything with this softness, shadows were long and edges were diminished. When I reached the end of the pier, I noticed a man wearing a black suit. He was standing alone--exactly in the middle of the circle that forms the end of the pier. That's quite a thing to see, a man in formal attire at the end of a fishing pier, so I took his picture. I wasn't sure if he saw me, he seemed deep inside his head. My intuition told me that something very important was going to happen. But, I had no idea what.