5.12.2007

TODAY.
I woke up this morning mind-chanting "time, time, time, be kind, be kind, be kind, time, time, time, be kind, be kind, be kind."

I did laundry, bought a scratch off ticket and won $100.
I laughed when the man who runs the convenience mart insisted on showing me the latest National Enquirer (celebrity plastic surgery issue) and giving me his opinion on who looks good and who doesn't.
I felt moved when he then told me that he felt sorry for all of them and hoped they were able to find some happiness in this life.
I walked by a local church parking lot where they were setting up a carnival: ferris wheel, tilt-o-whirl, rollercoaster and I remembered being 10.
I sniffed a passionflower and it smelled like grape kool-aid.

I confessed to myself that there have been times I've wanted someone to hurt me physically so that I could feel both pain and power.