5.31.2007

overheard today at Starbucks

Girl; Oh Hey! How are you?
Guy: I'm good, how are you?
Girl: Good, I'm getting ready to go back to St. Louis. First time in 5 years. I'm a pastor's daughter and there's a big deal thing going on for him at his church so I'm gonna go to that. It's gonna be wierd but great. I haven't seen those people for like 5 years.
Guy: I'm going to Cabo. Kinda like St Louis, right?
Girl: Yeah, almost.
Guy: Actually, I'm going down there for Kent Harris' wedding. Do you remember that guy?
Girl: Yeah, he worked in marketing right?
Guy: Yeah.
Girl: Why is she pregnant?
Guy: Um no.
Girl: Did he just meet her or something?
Guy: Well, they've been going out for like, a year and a half.
Girl: Oh is she from Iowa too?
Guy: No, actually she's from here.
Girl: Oh. Is she dumb or something?
Guy: No. I mean she's seems really nice. Well, it was good running in to you. Have fun in St Louis.
Girl: I will, it's gonna be really wierd to go back there, really wierd. Bye.

I sense a salacious back story.


The native populations (as in native americans) of coastal California believed that the Pacific Ocean had no memory. It's no wonder so many of us midwesterners are drawn to the magic water of Santa Monica Bay and it's ability to erase our pasts.