5.18.2007

animal crackers

In last nights dream I was trying to care for and save 2 tanks of fish but I couldn't get the air bubblers to work right and the heaters were spiking the temperatures or not working at all. Some fish melted, some darted around crazily, some stood still but eventually they all died. While all this chaos was going on, cats kept jumping through windows and pushing open doors. I would periodically leave the fish to tend to the cats. I'd scoop them up and toss them out, shut windows and lock doors but they'd find some hole in the wall or through a crawl space and appear again. Eventually the cat problem was solved but the fish had a different fate.

I woke up mad. I woke up annoyed. Nothing in me is swimming anymore. Everything has been lurched onto an active volcanic island. Jagged black mountains, things that cut up the soles of the feet, noxious fumes.